DAMI will invest in fixed income securities issued by North American governments, financial institutions, and corporations. The goal is to generate target absolute positive returns net of all fees.
DAMI will achieve its objectives by investing in a portfolio of fixed income instruments issued by North American governments, financial institutions and corporations. DAMI will utilize a combination of investing strategies, including outright credit trading, relative value credit trading, outright rate trading, relative value rate trading and duration neutral portfolio construction.
- Outright credit trading: These strategies involve purchasing or selling short a credit instrument based on a view as to the direction of the credit spread and/or price of the security.
- Relative value credit Trading: These strategies involve purchasing one security and selling short another security that’s expected to benefit from the differential net return of the securities.
- Outright rate trading: These strategies involves either purchasing or selling short a government bonds and/or other interest rate related instruments based on a view as to the direction of prices of these instruments.
- Relative value rate trading: These strategies involve purchasing one security and selling short another security to create a position that is focused on idiosyncratic movements between the individual securities.
- Duration neutral portfolio construction. This strategy involves construction of short and long position, having duration close to zero to insulate the portfolio from interest rate movements.
- Quality returns
- Low portfolio volatility
- Low correlation with other asset classes
- Capital preservation with growth